Social media is fast becoming on of the most important marketing tools within business. Here's ten tips on how to maximise its use for yours.
1. Get a reaction Posts should provoke, educate or entertain, or even better, do all three.
2. Focus Stay focused on your brand and what you promote
3. Short 'n sweet All updates should be kept as concise as possible. If your post is longer than three sentences, then you should not post it.
4. Regularity Keep your activity regular, morning, noon and night.
5. Quality not quantity Keep the emphasis on quality rather than quantity; users are easily turned off when their homepages are overrun with too many updates from the same profile.
6. Media It is important to use a mix of imagery, video and interactive media.
7. Communicate, comment Engage with any comments or queries on the page to boost communications with your public. This is a simple way to improve your firm’s image, making it more personable and approachable.
8. Twitter On Twitter, follow your peers and key influencers in your industry. This is a great way to build your profile and be up to date with the latest news that affects you.
9. Encourage feedback Social media is your direct link to the public, which makes it a powerful research tool. Make sure to ask questions and encourage feedback from your social community. Avoid yes or no questions and try to use a conversational tone.
10. "Likes" and "shares" Encourage ‘likes’ and ‘shares’ on your page, either with competitions or to promote awareness on a topical issue. This builds your audience and your company’s overall reach online.
Founded in 1943, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA) is one of the main Irish accountancy bodies, with in excess of 5,000 members and students. The CPA designation is the most commonly used designation worldwide for professional accountants and the Institute’s qualification enjoys wide international recognition. Its membership operates in public practice, industry, financial services and the public sector and CPAs work in 40 countries around the world. For further information visit www.cpaireland.ie