There's a lot of buzz around social media the past couple of years with many businesses using it to try and push sales and services, we also have many companies set up to help promote business on social media. It doesn't really matter what type of business you have the important thing is that for any type of marketing campaign you need to make sure that you identify your target market first.
One of the advantages of online marketing is its very easy to target demographics. But, the key for your business is to first identify the demographics that are interested in your business so that you can plan your social media campaign.
It's All About Research One of the important things you need to do before starting any social media campaign is to make sure you spend time researching. This may take a little time to start with, but will really help you to grow your business. Let's have a quick look at types of things that you need to do
How do you identify your market? First of all we need to establish exactly who you're going to marketing to.
- Are they female or male?
- Is there a particular age category you're targeting?
- Is your market location specific, nationwide or international?
- Do you think that pricing will be an issue?
- Do they prefer to stay home or go out at weekends?
- Do they have children?
- Know your product and service inside out
- Make sure you don't get too caught up in the vast array of demographic questions, you should know who your customers at this stage if you’ve spend time researching.
So How We Do This
- First decide which social media outlet you are going to use
- On twitter there are many business communities already set up with users who communicate with each other on all aspects of business....
- Do not jump straight in letting them know how wonderful your business is.
- Engage by offering tips, suggestions and help..
- Offer free advice on VAT returns, business accounting etc.
- Offer free video tutorials showing the benefits of your product.
- What you are trying to do is to become the expert that people will recommend and mention
One of the main reasons behind giving away advice free is because you will be seen to be the expert on people will come to you when needed. I know we have looked at this example from a business accounting software angle. But, this could be any business or any service.
A social media campaign can make a significant difference to your business you need to ensure that you spend time planning, creating and then executing.