An export agent is the person that acts as a middleman between a foreign company that would like to import a product and a company that would like to export that product. This agent also helps to set up the transaction and ensure that everything goes smoothly which includes the shipment of the product. In exchange for their service, the agent gets a commission. The manufacturing sector in China has really grown and many people export from here since the products tend to be cheaper. If you would like to import products from China, you will need a great China export agent. So how do you identify whether you have the best agent in China?
1. People SkillsA good agent will put the needs of a client first. An agent who is out to make commissions without understanding what the customer wants is not likely to grow in the business. An agent should be able to listen to you carefully and understand your needs and goals. They should offer different solutions with pros and cons and let you decide the best option for you.
2. Honesty and IntegrityAn agent should be honest and hold onto their word. If they promise anything, they should be able to deliver within the set timelines. They should also be reachable on phone and emails at the time you need them.
3. High Energy LevelOne of the most important characteristics of a good agent is that they should appear excited and eager at all times. A worn down personality will rub off on you and will not make your goals met.
4. General KnowledgeA good agent should understand the market and know where to get the best prices. They should also be in a position to offer advise and give solutions that are workable. These include shipping, the required documentations and tax deductions.
5. Communication SkillsThe best agent should be one who speaks and writes fluent English. They should also understand the Chinese language since many manufacturers or sellers do not necessarily comprehend the English language. This means that they will also act as translators between you and the seller. The communication skills should be good, not scream or shout at you either over the phone or face to face. A good agent will be able to also communicate with people from completely different cultures and backgrounds.
6. ProfessionalismAn agent who portrays themselves as a professional and stays abreast of all changes in the industry is a good agent for you. Since business people rely on agents for exports and imports, it is important for them to understand the Chinese laws and ensure that they are not broken. He/she should be smartly dressed and courteous at all times. An export agent who regularly checks in with you to make sure that everything is well is a person who puts your needs first.
7. NetworkA good export agent will be well connected in the industry. He will know the companies and manufacturers to talk to for the different products you could want to import and help you get in touch with them.
With so many export agents in China today, you sure need a reliable and reachable agent to save time and money. These are some of the qualities to look out for in a China export agent.