Head on over to this thread where we got got some companies to share their tips.
Tips The tips were:
- Grow organically and ensure you have deep local roots
- Do your research and make sure you find the right distributor
- Use Bord Bia
- Be different and stand out
- Do your research; visit the markets you want to export to
- Make sure you are seen by all the major companies (I think that means trade fairs)
We would really emphasis the importance of knowing your consumer. Products need to be market driven meeting a specific consumer need(s). We recently published research in this area which is available online and free of charge.
Customer behavior www.bordbiaperiscope.ie - a biennial study that tracks the Irish, British and Northern Irish consumers. It provides a detailed perspective on how consumers view food related issues and report their behaviors.
Top line findings include:
- Increasing our tendency to cook from scratch
- Placing more emphasis on spending time together at certain meal occasions and on specific days of the week
- Embracing "time spent cooking"
- Referring to recipes to build our cooking repertoire
- Increasing our commitment in the purchase of "local" food
Each of the trends are regularly updated and posted on the link above.
Join the food group Join the food group here and help to help other food companies;