Over 250 people attended the Brand Forum Annual Dinner which featured the biennial Bord Bia Food and Drink Awards Ceremony. The event took place in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham and was hosted by RTE presenter Keelin Shanley, with a number of key note addresses including Simon Coveney, Minister for Agriculture, Food & the Marine TD and Paul Duffy, Chairman and CEO of The Absolut Company.
A total of nine awards were presented on the night:
- Success at Home category: Britvic Ireland (Miwadi Ireland)
- Entrepreneurial: Irish Atlantic Salt
- Innovation: Paganini (Fitfuel Ice-cream)
- Consumer Insight: Kerry Foods (Cheestrings in Germany)
- Sustainability: Dawn Meats
- Branding: Keelings (branded range)
Along with two special recognition awards presented to:
- Business Referral: ABP Ireland – recognising their work in facilitating introductions of non-competing companies to customers, bringing coopetition to life
- Online Champion: James Whelan Butchers - this award was introduced for the first time this year to recognise the impact the digital age is having on the industry. This category rewards a company that succeeded in increasing business and/or brand awareness, through on line and social media.