Boozeberry talking about The Pitch.
Another member of Smallbusinesscan helped Barbara to pitch for the final (Andrew Keogh of Aristo)
This is from Barbara:
5 things I learned from Andrew.
- Plan the key points you want to make
- Think about what you want to say but don't script. This allows you to talk more naturally and with more passion and belief in your message.
- Make sure you capture the audience in 1st 15 seconds with something that makes them want to listen
- Tell them what's in it for them.
- Its only a conversation with a group of people.
I've pitched several times since my 1 day session with Andrew and have not only surprised myself but been really proud that with a little planning and a can do attitude that I've done my self and my business proud.