AVG has produced a helpful interactive infographic designed to help Small Business Managers, Startups and Entrepreneurs get a digestible snapshot of key online markets around the world.
[divider]Powered by [divider]
You can view and interact with a larger version of the infographic here.
Designed for those SMB Managers who are on the move constantly and need access to key data quickly, the infographic includes the following salient pieces of information:
- What proportion of the country's population is online?
- What's the biggest search engine by market share?
- What's the biggest social media channel by number of users?
- What's the split between desktop and mobile usage (measured in page views)?
- What's the average download speed?
- What's the potential size of the online market (GDP per head times by the number of online users)?
In theory, the internet makes it easier to reach new markets.
But in practice, do US/UK small businesses know where to start? Do US/UK entrepreneurs realise there's a higher proportion of folks online in Australia than on home turf? Or that the download speed is faster in South Korea? Or that there are parts of the world where Facebook and even Google play second fiddle to social networks and search engines they may have never heard of?
These aren't barriers to international trade - they are just signals of how valuable a little research could be for any small business thinking about online exports.