Facebook, Twitter, and all the other social media platforms have taken over mainstream consciousness and are now integral parts of people’s lives across the globe. If Facebook’s population of 955 million users, Twitter’s 100 million active users, and YouTube’s over 800 million unique monthly visitors aren’t enough to persuade businesses to tap into that market, here are 8 Fascinating Social Media Statistics:
2. 52% of consumers stop following a business’ page because of boring and repetitive content. This is a wake-up call to businesses who merely regurgitate info about their products/services. Businesses need to keep their content fresh and exciting if they want to keep their audience’s attention.
3. 40% of users “Like” businesses’ pages for deals. It’s only natural for people to want something in return for their public display of approval for a business. Maximizing a business’ Facebook page means pairing fresh content with good promos and discounts.
2. 34% of marketers get leads using Twitter. Twitter adds a much more personal touch to interacting with customers while not being too intrusive. Business can answer questions about their products/services and relay info about promos and events in a more direct manner.
General Social Media1. 82% of employees trust their company’s CEO more if they interact through social media. Getting the full support of the workforce is necessary in fostering a good working environment, motivating employees to do their jobs better in service of the company’s well-being.
2. 59% of social media users think companies who use or are active in social media seem to be more approachable. Earning the customer’s trust is crucial. Businesses can earn that trust by showing that they are open to people’s opinions.
3. 64% of social media users want businesses to use social media more to answer their needs. It should be clear now that people are actually looking for more social media interaction. Needless to say, businesses need to capitalize on this.
With these numbers in mind, there is simply no more excuse for businesses of any kind to ignore the power of social media. It is just a matter of knowing how to leverage it.
Visit Affilorama, an affiliate marketing portal. They offer free affiliate marketing lessons and internet marketing tools for beginning and advance affiliates.