By now, most small businesses are on at least one social media site, but for any who still need convincing about Facebook, check out these numbers.
While people are usually on Facebook to connect with their friends and family, they also connect with businesses. On average, each person on Facebook likes 40 pages. That represents a huge opportunity for small businesses who are active on Facebook and use it to connect with potential customers.
Need convincing still?
5 Key Stats for Small Businesses:
1. FB is more likely your potential customer's social network of choice. 47% of Americans say Facebook has greater impact on what they buy than any other social network.
2. FB is an ideal place to market your small business. 93% of small businesses say social media is an effective marketing technology tool.
3. Over a majority of people connect to small businesses on Facebook. 70% of monthly active Facebook users in the US engage with and connect to a local business.
4. People buy based on recommendations from their Facebook friends. Half of all social media users under the age of 35 follow their online friends product and service recommendations.
5. FB can help you reach a younger demographic. 33%of millenials are more likely to buy from a company with a Facebook page.
Here's the data expressed visually: